National Technical Committee
The CRCA National Technical Committee (NTC) provides a forum for addressing current technical issues facing members across Canada. NTC is made up of:
- Roofing contractors
- Technical resources from provincial associations
- Associate members
- Ex-officio members from the National Research Council (NRC) and the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA)
CRCA National Technical Committee members are responsible for:
- Attending twice-annual committee meetings to discuss technical issues, safety and WHMIS, environmental issues, codes and standards, education etc.
- Reviewing manuals, bulletins, and other technical information issued by CRCA
- Advising and recommending research projects to the Board of Directors for approval
- Promoting and increasing the awareness of NTC
- NTC is an internal Standing Committee of the CRCA Board of Directors. The CRCA Technical Director acts as the staff liaison and support resource for the NTC.
- The Chair of the NTC is a CRCA Active Member appointed by the voting members of the NTC.
CRCA National Technical Committee comprises Active members that are appointed by each Provincial Affiliate Association, four (4) Associate members and four (4) Alternate Associate members. See a list of current members.
Technical representatives from each of the Provincial Affiliate Associations attend as ex-officio members. Other ex-officio members include staff from the National Research Council of Canada (NRCC), National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), and CRCA.
NTC has established the following four sub-committees:
- Bituminous membranes
- Single-ply membranes
- Roofing accessory products
The representative and alternate of each sub-committee are elected or appointed by the CRCA Associate Members Committee.