The CRCA Governance Committee identifies, promotes, and discharges functions that help the CRCA Board of Directors govern with excellence. This includes complying with legislation and regulations that apply to CRCA, and adding value to the association on behalf of its members.
- CRCA Governance Committee convenes as necessary, and meets by teleconference or any other means deemed appropriate.
- Identifies education and learning needs on governance matters for CRCA board and staff.
- Ensures communication between the Board and members regarding the organizational value of good governance.
- Identifies and delivers elements that contribute to governance, including: orientation of new Board members; evaluation of individual Board members and Board as a whole; identifying competencies required to govern with excellence; monitoring and reviewing governance information and best practices
- CRCA Governance Committee is accountable to the Board of Directors.
- Minutes shall be provided to the Board as soon after each meeting as possible.
- In October of each year, the committee shall provide the Board with a plan of work associated budget for the next fiscal year, for Board approval.
CRCA Governance Committee comprises a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of five (5) members, all appointed by the Board.
- At least one member shall be a serving member of the Board of Directors.
- The Governance Committee Chair shall be appointed by the Board.
- Members shall be appointed for a one-year term and are eligible for reappointment.
- The CRCA Executive Director serves as the staff liaison to the committee.